How to Root the ZTE Warp Sequent
The ZTE Warp Sequent might feel a bit less as it comes at the price tag of $199 but this doesn’t have to do anything with its specifications. Specs of the device include Android Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box, a 5MP shooter on the back and secondary camera on the front side so you can make video calls using Skype or your 3G operator. If you’re a person who likes playing freely, then you’d certainly like to root the device as it’ll open up a whole new world of root-only apps for you and it doesn’t cost a penny to gain root access. All you need to do is just follow the procedure given below and you’ll have rooted ZTE Warp Sequent in your hands.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, it can be reinstate by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-2)
III. Rooting the ZTE Warp Sequent:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Using free tools like WinRAR, extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON USB debugging on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s enabled, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on runme.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
7. You’re rooted now!
Brilliant! Your device has successfully been rooted and you should find the Superuser app in your App Drawer. All those root-only apps that weren’t working on your unrooted device will now work!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the ZTE Warp Sequent to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.