Root access on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) has been achieved and the developer is our well-known friend, Chainfire, who’s responsible for root methods for almost all the Samsung terminals. As usual, the method consists of flashing a file through Odin and then getting root access on the device, no worries if you’re newbie in this field as we’re here to walk you through each step to help you unchain your device. The following guide explains each and every step to root your Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) smartphone, just follow all the steps carefully and you should have root access on your device.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Root Package
1. Download and place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. You can do so using free tools like WinRAR.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. In Odin, click on PDA and select the CF-Root file you extracted to your Desktop along with Odin.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the tool, leave Repartition unchecked.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode by simply pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Press the Volume UP button to continue.
9. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Click on Start button and it’ll begin flashing the root package.
11. Once it’s done, your device should reboot automatically.
12. And you’re rooted now!
Great! Your device has been successfully rooted, all thanks to Chainfire and his work. You now have access to plenty of extra apps for your device with root access, just head over to Google Play and get some amazing apps!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: Softpedia
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.