Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) already has a root method and a custom recovery, actually two, to enjoy all of the latest developments that’s been done for the device and to get the most out of the device. While rooting and installing a recovery helps you do more with your device, it actually voids your warranty and makes the device unacceptable at the service center. To rectify such an issue, you can unroot your device as it’ll bring back the lost warranty and will also help you get back to stock firmware. The following guide teaches you just that, how you can unroot your Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) device. Follow it and get your device unrooted:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA button and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier.
5. Now in Odin, make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked, leave Repartition box unchecked.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do that, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. You’ll be prompted to confirm your action, press the Volume UP button to do so.
9. Now inside the Download mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Hit Start button in the Odin and wait for it to finish the flashing process.
11. After a few minutes, you’ll see the process finished.
12. You’re all done!
Amazing! Your device has been successfully unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware. You can now start using the device like you’ve just bought it!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!