The latest version of Android — Jelly Bean — hasn’t been rolled out to some of the Sony Xperia devices including the Xperia S smartphone. While the JB is available for most of the Samsung smartphones, Xperia lineup smartphones are still hanging on the ICS or Gingebread, but the wait’s over now as a custom recovery has become available for the aforementioned device. ClockworkMod Recovery for the Xperia S enables users to install custom ROMs, you guessed it, based on Jelly Bean and explore a whole new world of features you don’t have on your current firmware. So, let’s see how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Sony Xperia S.
1. You must have done our How to Root the Sony Xperia S procedure.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. RecoverX (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the RecoverX archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RecoverX executable file and it’ll launch.
6. Select your device from the Select your phone dropdown menu.
7. Now select ClockworkMod Recovery from the custom recovery list.
8. Hit Next button.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions.
10. And you’re done!
Wonderful! Your Xperia S has successfully been equipped with the ClockworkMod Recovery for custom ROMs and Tweaks installation!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia S to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.