For past few years, custom ROMs have been fulfilling the needs of users what device manufacturers couldn’t do with their stock ROMs, mostly because the need varies with the users. In order to install a custom ROM, you should have a custom recovery installed on your device that will help you flash any ROM easily without any hassles of manually doing the procedure through flashing tools. Sony Xperia T has got the ClockworkMod Recovery port and can be installed using a simple tool called Fastboot. It’s a simple procedure and our guide makes it much easier for you to follow, let’s see how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Xperia T.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Sony Xperia T procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop. You’ll get fastboot.exe along with some other files.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Your device will reboot into the bootloader mode.
8. Once inside bootloader, select the Fastboot option.
9. Now issue the following command replacing recovery.img with the actual name of the recovery image you downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
10. Once recovery’s flashed, issue the following command:
11. Your device will reboot.
12. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! Your Xperia T now has a custom recovery and you can use it to make backups of your current ROM or maybe update to a custom ROM!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia T to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.