Although the Sony Xperia T doesn’t run the latest version of Android, it surely catches-up eyes with its sleek design and a smoother user-interface and not to forget the promise for Jelly Bean update that will soon be rolled-out by the manufacturer. Like its other variants, Xperia T comprises of a great hardware set that includes a 1GB of RAM and a 1.5GHz processor, fast enough to run your favorite resource-intensive games. Since the phone runs Android, you can root it to get access to the apps, called root-only apps, that aren’t available for the devices that have no root access. Rooting the Xperia T is as easy as making a few clicks and it’s done, here’s how you can root your Xperia T smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Root Package archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file to launch the root utility.
6. It’ll ask you to choose the mode, select Normal mode.
7. Select Root option in the tool.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
9. And you should be rooted now!
Awesome! Your device has been successfully rooted and is now capable to be loaded with root-only apps and a custom recovery. Feel the freedom you just got!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia T to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!