How to Unroot the Sony Xperia T
Maybe you have messed up with your device? Maybe you want to visit the service center? No problem, every Android user goes through this situation at least one time in his life and that’s totally normal. But one thing we’d like to remind you is, when you’re gonna visit the center, make sure your device is unrooted as rooted devices have no valid warranty. If you’ve rooted your Xperia T smartphone and wondering if you could unroot it, then there’s a simple way out there. Unrooting the device will restore the warranty as well as remove Superuser app from the App Drawer. Here’s how you can unroot your Sony Xperia T.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, then the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
III. Unrooting the Sony Xperia T:
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop but don’t run any files just yet.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Now double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. Choose Unroot option in the tool.
7. Let it do the unrooting process.
8. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
9. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! Your Xperia T has been successfully unrooted and your warranty has also been restored.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.