If you’re looking to buy a smartphone with not too fancy features but should have all those traditional features, then the Sony Xperia U would be a perfect choice for you. The Sony Xperia U boasts a Dual-Core processor and along with that, you’re going to get a 3.5″inch screen, similar to that of iPhone screens. Remaining specifications include a 5MP Camera, 512MB of RAM and 8GB Internal memory. What make this device special is its build quality that’s really awesome and lets you feel like you’re holding an expensive smartphone in your hands. A root method is out now for the device and we’re gonna explain the same in the following guide, to help you root your Xperia U and get the most out of it.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. Your device must be running on the Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device from Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. When it asks you to choose the mode, select Normal mode.
7. Select Root option in the tool and it’ll begin rooting your device.
8. Once rooting’s done, reboot your device.
9. And you’re all done!
Congrats! Your Xperia U has been successfully rooted and you should be able to see the Superuser app right in your App Drawer. Now you can head to Google Play to download and install those lucrative root-only apps!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia U to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.