Samsung Exhibit 4G is now rooted, all thanks to the zergRush exploit and we can now push root-only apps and install them on the device without having any compatibility issues. You may want to root your device because you’re sick and tired of using same apps again and again and want to try something new on your device, well, this guide will show you how you can root your Samsung Exhibit 4G smartphone. Let’s get the ball rolling:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the #90 post)
1. After downloading the Root Package archive, place it on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. Don’t run any files just yet.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the ZergRushTempRoot.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you should be rooted finally!
Great! Your device has been successfully rooted and you should be able to find the Superuser app right in your App Drawer. Root-only apps aren’t afar from you now!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Exhibit 4G to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!