Micromax A25 is a Dual-SIM smartphone comprising of a 1GHz of processor and 256MB RAM, not too good for playing some latest games but works great for average games you usually find on Google Play. On the software side, the device’s got Android 2.3 Gingerbread where we were actually expecting at least ICS to have some more apps running that support only ICS. Overall the device is great for average users and is not disappointing at all if you know what to use and when. Now a root method has surfaced the Internet that lets you load root-only apps on your device and get the most out of it. This guide shows how you can root your Micromax A25 smartphone, so follow it and get your device rooted.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Unsecured Boot Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. SP Flash Tool (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. Drivers (Download link’s given in the first post)
4. Unlock Root (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Unsecured Boot Image, SP Flash Tool and Drivers archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the SP Flash Tool executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on Options and enable the USB Mode option.
5. Click on Scatter-loading button and select the scatter file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. Click on BOOTIMG and select the Unsecured Boot Image you extracted to your Desktop.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Pull the battery out of your device.
9. After a few seconds, put the battery back into the device but don’t turn it ON.
10. Connect the USB cable to your PC but not to your device.
11. Hit Download button in the Flash Tool and it’ll start searching for the devices.
12. Now connect the other-end of the USB cable to your device. Your device’s still turned OFF.
13. It’ll ask you to provide Drivers files, simply select the drivers you downloaded earlier.
14. You’ll get some errors regarding the flash process, it’s normal and doesn’t impact the process.
15. Unplug your device from your PC.
16. Connect your device to your PC once again.
17. Hit the Download button and it’ll start flashing the file.
18. Once flashing’s done, reboot your device.
19. When your device boots up, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development and enable the USB debugging option.
20. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
21. Launch the UnlockRoot tool you downloaded earlier on your PC.
22. Click Root button in the tool and it’ll start rooting your device.
23. Follow the on-screen instructions.
24. Once your device’s rooted, head over to Google Play and download the BusyBox app.
25. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your Micromax A25 has been successfully rooted and you can now load root-only apps on your device. The procedure was a bit long, but it’s worth the advantages you get with root access.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Micromax A25 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.