By seeing growing markets of tablets and the huge potential lying inside, HCL has stepped into the market by launching their very own HCL ME tablets powered by the Google’s Android operating system. These devices are available at affordable rates that don’t damage the consumers’ pockets and at the same time, they provide high-end features to the users. One of the such tablets is HCL ME V1, running the Android 4.0.4 ICS and boasting a 1GHz processor, it really deserves a place in the current tablet market. Fortunately, the device has also gotten love from the developers in the form of a root method that lets users enjoy the true power of their device and remove the limits imposed by the manufacturer. If you’re wondering how you can root your HCL ME V1 tablet, then follow the following guide and you should have root access on your device.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must have a PC running Windows OS (32-bit).
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. You can get them from here.
1. SuperOneClick (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-5)
2. Superuser ZIP (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-3)
1. Download and place both the archives onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Open the ADB folder you’ve on your Desktop by double-clicking on it.
6. Hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
7. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window. Make sure to press ENTER after each line you type:
8. Reboot your device.
9. Now, enter the following commands into the Command Prompt Window:
adb shell getprop ro.secure
adb shell mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
adb push d:\system/bin/su /system/bin/
adb push d:\system/bin/su /system/_install/bin/
adb shell chmod 4777 /system/bin/su
adb shell mount -oremount,ro /dev/block/system /system
10. Close the Command Prompt Window.
11. Unplug your device from your PC.
12. Reboot your device.
13. Connect your device to your PC once again.
14. Copy the Superuser APK file you extracted to your Desktop over to the root of your SD card.
15. Unplug the device from your PC.
16. Open the File Manager app on your device and install the Superuser app you just copied. Open it once.
17. Now download and install the Yaffs Explorer app on your device using the link given above.
18. Launch the app from your App Drawer.
19. Head to /bin/system/_install/bin/ using the app.
20. Long-tap on the file named su and select execute.
21. Tick-mark the box that says As Root and hit Go.
22. It should ask you to provide Superuser access, simply grant the permission.
23. Once it’s done, head over to Google Play and install the BusyBox app as well.
24. You’re rooted now!
Wonderful! Your HCL ME V1 is now ready to be loaded with all your favorite root-only apps and any tweaks you may want to do with your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.