Samsung Galaxy series smartphones have always gotten love from the developers around the world. Often times, we see a new custom ROM or a Mod coming for the said devices and that helps users in changing the appearance as well as functionality of their devices. But before one can use such ROMs, it’s necessary that he’s installed a custom recovery on his device. For the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190, the ClockworkMod Recovery’s available and that too the official one. If you don’t know what CWM is, it’s a custom recovery that replaces your current recovery and provides you greater options than anything else. Read on to learn how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the CWM Recovery.
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the first option that says Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
4. Choose your device on the next screen.
5. It should begin downloading and installing recovery on your device.
6. Once done, reboot your device.
7. You’re all set!
Excellent! Your device is now equipped with a custom recovery to take your customization skills a level up!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.