So you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 and now want to unroot it so you can get the lost warranty back? No problem, we’re here to help you out with this matter. In this guide, we’re gonna show you how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 and get it back to stock firmware, to enjoy the pure official Android firmware. Here you go:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Press the Volume UP button to continue.
10. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Click on Start button in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the stock firmware.
12. Once it’s done, your device should automatically reboot.
13. And you’re all done!
Good Job! You’ve successfully unrooted your device and now it runs the official Samsung firmware. Your warranty has also been restored, so you can now take your device to the service center without any issues.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.