If you still haven’t rooted your Motorola Atrix HD smartphone, then you should do so now. The root access will let you install root-only apps on your device, some truly useful apps such as Titanium Backup, and eventually you can flash a custom recovery, too. Earlier, it was a complex task to root an Android device but now with the presence of various root tools and methods, you can easily root any device in no time. This guide shows how you can root your Motorola Atrix HD smartphone and get the third-party goodies running on it, here you go:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop. Don’t run any files just yet.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Double-click on the run.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. And you should be rooted finally!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully rooted and to help you with managing root permissions, a nice app called Superuser is installed on your device. Now don’t forget to try out your favorite root-only apps on your device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Atrix HD to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.