How to Root the LG Optimus 4G LTE P930
Rooting surely pleases the Android users but doing so takes some good efforts and it’s a bit risky process. However, with the new rooting tools being launched every passing day, the task has become much easier to do than before. Such a simple root method has been discovered for the LG Optimus 4G LTE P930 smartphone and the said device’s users can now enjoy the real power of their device, something your manufacturer didn’t allow to come out. So, in this guide, we’re gonna show you how you can root your LG Optimus 4G LTE P930 smartphone, go ahead and get started:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must be running on Android 4.0.4, firmware V20e.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the LG Optimus 4G LTE P930:
1. Place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable the Unknown sources option.
4. Enable the USB debugging option as well by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options.
5. Once both are enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Copy the LG SystemBackup APK file you extracted to your Desktop over to the root of your SD card.
7. Once copied, unplug your device from your PC.
8. Open the File Manager app on your device and install the APK you just copied.
9. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
10. As soon as the app starts, press and hold the Power button for a while and choose Power off and restart option.
11. Your device should reboot.
12. Once it boots up, connect it to your PC via USB cable.
13. Double-click on the root_P880.bat file you have on your Desktop.
14. Your device should reboot several times and it’s not a thing to worry about.
15. Once your device’s rooted, uninstall the app you installed in step-8. Check out our guide on how to uninstall an app.
16. You’re all done!
Excellent! You’ve successfully rooted your device and a plethora of root-only apps are now waiting for you, go grab them!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus 4G LTE P930 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.