Want to unroot your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to turn it in for warranty purpose? No problem, we’ll help you do just that. Once you’ve unrooted your device, your warranty will be reinstated and you should be able to present your device at the service center. So, let’s not waste time and get onto the procedure to unroot your device.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Press Volume UP to continue.
10. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
12. Once it’s done, your device will automatically reboot.
13. And you’re all set!
Cheers! Your device’s now back to the stock firmware and has no root access. That simply means your warranty’s been reinstated!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.