HTC’s flagship Android smartphone, HTC One (M7) is here and so is our root guide for the device. As soon as any high-end smartphone gets launched, a root method for the device becomes available on all the popular Android forums. The HTC One (M7) is rootable now and this guide shows exactly how you can root it without much exertion, all thanks to the developer for making the job much easier. So, here’s how to root the HTC One (M7):
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop but don’t run any files just yet.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot your device into bootloader mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume UP+Power buttons together.
5. Once inside bootloader mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Now double-click on install-superboot-windows.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. And you should be rooted now!
Congrats! Your HTC One (M7) has been successfully rooted and you should now be able to find the Superuser app in your App Drawer.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the HTC One (M7) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.