Good news for all those lucky users who have bought the Sony’s latest and greates Xperia J smartphone. A root method has become available for the device and this opens up doors for the custom development to get to your device. While almost all the Sony Xperia series smartphones are enjoying root-access, Xperia J is going to get the same enjoyment with this new root method. In the following guide, we’ve covered how you can root your Xperia J smartphone and get the root-only apps running on it. So, let’s get started:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must be running 11.0.A.3.28 or 11.0.A.3.18 firmware with locked bootloader. This procedure doesn’t work on other firmwares.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Now double-click on the Runme.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Amazing! Your Xperia J has successfully been rooted and you now have access to system level files on your device. This simply means you can go as deeper as to system files and modify them, this translates into more customization options for you.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia J to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!