Want to unroot your Sony Xperia J smartphone? Interested in getting your warranty back? If yes, then read on to learn how to unroot your Sony Xperia J and reinstate the warranty of it. As soon as your device’s unrooted, you will have your warranty back and you can then take the device to any service center for any warranty kinda work. And here you go:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left.
2. Flash Tool
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Double-click on the Flash Tool executable file and install it on your PC.
3. Once installed, launch it on your PC.
4. Click on Thunder icon in the tool, it’s the first icon.
5. Click on “…” and select the Stock Firmware (.ftf) file you downloaded earlier.
6. Make sure that nothing is checked in the Exclude section.
7. Hit OK button given at the bottom-right corner.
8. Now turn OFF your device.
9. While your device’s turned OFF, press and hold the Volume DOWN button and connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
10. The tool will then flash the stock firmware on your device. It could take some good time, so be patient.
11. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
12. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! Your device’s been successfully unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware. You no longer have root access on your device hence you can’t use root-only apps on your device, at least until you re-root it.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!