Are you ready to flash custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300) smartphone? Then start off by installing the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device and enjoy superior features it has to offer you. Such features include backing up your current ROM, flashing a custom ROM, installing a mod or a tweak and so on. So, in this guide, you’ll learn how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300) smartphone and here you go.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our root guide to root your device.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the CWM Recovery.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the second post)
1. Download and place the ClockworkMod Recovery archive onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Recovery file over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder.
4. Disconnect your device from your PC once the file’s copied.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot your device into Recovery mode. To do so, simply press and hold the Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.
7. Once inside Recovery, choose apply update from sdcard.
8. Select the Recovery archive you copied earlier to your device for flashing.
9. It should start flashing the file and once it’s done, you’ll be notified.
10. Reboot your device.
11. And you’re all set!
Excellent! Your device’s been successfully equipped with ClockworkMod Recovery and it’ll now let you install custom ROMs.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.