Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus is an improved version of the original Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone which has a number of records on its name and with this new device, Samsung’s trying to achieve something better that they couldn’t with the original one. The device in talk has already gotten a root method as well as a custom recovery. Following guide shows how you can root the device and get the recovery up and running on it in no time. So, go ahead and root your device and have the freedom you’ve ever dreamed of!
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This will also install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s available in the first post)
2. Superuser ZIP (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place all the files to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Recovery as well as Odin archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the CWM Recovery file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot your device into Download mode by simply pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Press Volume UP button to continue to Download mode.
10. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Hit Start button in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the Recovery.
12. Once the recovery’s flashed on your device, reboot your device.
13. And you’re all set!
Great! You now have a custom recovery up and running on your device, let’s see how you can root your device.
1. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
2. Copy the Superuser ZIP file over to the root of your SD card.
3. Once copied, unplug your device from your PC.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Reboot your device into Recovery Mode. To do so, simply press and hold the Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.
6. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
7. Select the Superuser ZIP archive you copied earlier to your device for flashing.
8. As soon as you select the file, it’ll start flashing it.
9. Once done, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all done!
Excellent! Your device has been successfully rooted as well as equipped with a custom recovery. Now let the customizations begin!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (GT-I9105) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.