So you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus (GT-I9105) and now want to unroot it? No problem, you’ve come to the right place to get the exact info you’re looking for. There could be various reasons for unrooting your device, maybe you’re sick and tired of using a rooted device or you just want to get your warranty back. Either way, this guide will help you unroot your device and get it back to stock. So, here you go:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Hit PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you just extracted to your Desktop.
5. Put checkmark in the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Make sure that the Repartition box isn’t checked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do that, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Press the Volume UP button to continue to Download mode.
10. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the firmware.
12. Once the flashing’s done, your device will automatically reboot.
13. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully unrooted your device and it’s now running the official stock firmware. This firmware doesn’t have any customizations and is pure and original from your manufacturer.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!