Have you rooted your Sony Xperia Active? Want to flash some custom ROMs but not sure where to get started? No problem, we’ll help you do that. Custom ROMs are a great way to change the entire appearance of your device in a few seconds, however, installing them is a question that often arises when you root your device. Well, a custom recovery helps install custom ROMs and ClockworkMod Recovery is one of them. The said recovery is available for the Xperia Active and following guide shows how you can install it. So, go ahead and flash a recovery on your device!
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Sony Xperia Active procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.
1. RecoverX (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the RecoverX archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Now double-click on RecoverX executable file and it’ll launch.
6. Select Sony Ericsson from the Brand dropdown menu.
7. Select Xperia Active from the Device dropdown menu.
8. Choose the version of Recovery you want to install and hit Next.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions.
10. And you’re all set!
Excellent! You’ve successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your Xperia Active. The recovery has some really awesome features and you should definitely check them out!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia Active to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.