Xperia Active users rejoice as your device can now be rooted to install root-only apps and eventually a custom recovery image. Usually, users have to wait for a long period before they can get their hands on root-only apps, however, with Xperia phones, it’s always become a speedy process to root devices. In this guide, we’re gonna show you how you can root your Sony Xperia Active smartphone and enjoy the free third-party goodies. And here you go:
1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, you can unroot your device if you want to reinstate the warranty.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Enable the Unknown sources option as well from Menu>>Settings>>Application>>Unknown sources.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Double-click on RUNME.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. And you should be rooted now!
Brilliant! Your Xperia Active has been successfully rooted and you now have Superuser app in your App Drawer for managing root permissions.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia Active to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!