Sony debuted its latest smartphone in the Xperia lineup called Sony Xperia ZL January this year and it seems the phone’s really getting some good feedback from users all over the world. Packed with all the high-end features, the device promises to provide better performance to users and maybe it’s likely users would buy this device rather than going for a Samsung one. As with every Android device, a root method has become available for the Xperia ZL and it takes no more than a few minutes to perform it and get the result. After gaining root access on your device, you’ll have more control over your device than before, like you’ll be able to modify the system-files which isn’t possible with no root-access. This guide shows exactly how you can root your Sony Xperia ZL smartphone, so let’s get started with it:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Now double-click on RunMe.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. Select Normal Mode when it asks you to choose the mode.
7. Select the Root option and it’ll start rooting your device.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
9. And you should be rooted now!
Congrats! Your Xperia ZL has been successfully rooted and the same can be confirmed by following the steps given in this post.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Sony Xperia ZL to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.