So you have rooted your Sony Xperia Arc S and now want to flash a custom ROM? It’s definitely possible. But in order to do that, you’re gonna need a custom recovery, preferably ClockworkMod Recovery to allow installation of such ROMs and Mods. While the recovery provides options to flash new ROMs, it also lets you make backups of your current ROM to share with your friends or maybe use it to restore your device to the working condition if you’ve messed up with it. This guide shows how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Xperia Arc S device and enjoy a whole new world of custom ROMs!
1. You must have rooetd your device before doing this procedure. Check out our procedure on how to root the Xperia Arc S to root your device.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. RecoverX (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the RecoverX Tool archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RecoverX’s executable file and it’ll launch.
6. Select Sony Ericsson from Brand dropdown menu in the tool.
7. Select Xperia Arc S from the Device dropdown menu.
8. Now hit the Next button and it’ll start flashing the recovery on your device.
9. Follow any prompts you see on your screen.
10. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re all set!
Excellent! Your Xperia Arc S has been successfully equipped with CWM Recovery and you now have endless possibilities to customize your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia Arc S to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!