The Galaxy Grand is an affordable dual-core Android smartphone available in India and comes in two variants, one with a single SIM slot (I9080) and the other with the option to slip in two SIMs (I9082). The guide below will help you install ClockworkMod Recovery on the latter and later on, root it so you can make backups, overclock/underclock your device and many other features that are not available on unrooted devices. If this is what you want, then read on to know how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Galaxy Grand.
1. Back up everything you think is important before you begin.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you start.
3. Install the necessary drivers before you start the procedure. This should prevent any errors popping up during the procedure and potentially bricking your device.
4. Following this procedure will void your warranty; if you are not okay with this, do not read any further!
1. Extract Odin3_v3.04.zip to a folder on your desktop.
2. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin3 v3.04.exe to run Odin.
3. Extract CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.zip to a folder on your desktop. You should end up with a file called CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 in the extracted folder.
4. Click on the PDA button in Odin, navigate to the location of CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5, select it, and then click on Open to load the file into Odin.
5. Shut down your device and put it into Download mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Down + Power + Home buttons simultaneously and release them when you see the GT-i9082 logo. Now, press Volume Up to confirm entry into Download Mode.
6. Connect your device to your PC. Odin should now recognize the device and the ID:COM field should light up blue, signifying that Odin has detected your device without a problem.
7. Make sure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked under the Option section.
8. Make sure that your Odin screen looks like the below screenshot and then click on Start.
Once your device reboots, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, which can be accessed by pressing Volume Up + Power + Home buttons when the device is off.
Head to our guide for help with rooting your Galaxy Grand.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!