TWRP Recovery is one of the custom recoveries available for Android devices. The recovery helps to install custom ROMs and flashable ZIPs, fortunately, it’s available for our Samsung Galaxy S Advance smartphone and you can flash it on your device right away to get the custom ROMs up and running on your device. This guide shows exactly how you can install the TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070) smartphone and get the most out of it, here you go:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our root guide to learn how to root your device.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. TWRP Kernel (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Place both Kernel and Odin files you’ve downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the TWRP Kernel file you just extracted to your Desktop.
5. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the tool.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device
8. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do that, hold down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Hit Start and it’ll start flashing the kernel.
11. Once it’s been flashed, your device will automatically reboot.
12. You’re all set!
Awesome! You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on your device and you can now access it to install your favorite custom ROMs and Mods!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.