Kyocera Hydro is a water-proof smartphone that doesn’t get spoiled upto three feet in water. If dropping your device in water has been your fear, this device should help you overcome it. Besides this physical feature, it’s got Android 4.0 ICS on-board, a 1GHz of processor and an Adreno GPU to serve you with your gaming needs. As there’s a saying that the true potential of an Android device lies in its root-access, you can root your Kyocera Hydro to get its true power out. You may think rooting is for advanced users and you aren’t skilled enough to do that, well, it’s actually not. This guide makes it extremely easy for you to root your Kyocera Hydro device and get the root-only apps working on it. Here’s how:
1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, unrooting should help you reinstate the warranty provided there’s an unrooting procedure exists.
2. You must have a Windows based PCs to do this procedure.
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download the Root Package archive onto the Desktop of your PC.
2. Unzip files from the archive and place them on your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. Select options #3 in the tool.
7. You should now see a prompt on your device’s screen. Ignore it and tap Restore my data.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
9. You should be rooted now!
Awesome! Your Hydro has been successfully rooted and you can now run all the root-only apps on your device, be it Titanium Backup or any other app, it’ll just work fine.
Image Credit: Engadget
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.