How to Root the Kyocera Hydro

Kyocera Hydro is a water-proof smartphone that doesn’t get spoiled upto three feet in water. If dropping your device in water has been your fear, this device should help you overcome it. Besides this physical feature, it’s got Android 4.0 ICS on-board, a 1GHz of processor and an Adreno GPU to serve you with your gaming needs. As there’s a saying that the true potential of an Android device lies in its root-access, you can root your Kyocera Hydro to get its true power out. You may think rooting is for advanced users and you aren’t skilled enough to do that, well, it’s actually not. This guide makes it extremely easy for you to root your Kyocera Hydro device and get the root-only apps working on it. Here’s how:

I. Before You Begin:

1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, unrooting should help you reinstate the warranty provided there’s an unrooting procedure exists.

2. You must have a Windows based PCs to do this procedure.

3. Make sure you have proper drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from here and here, for 32bit and 64bit, respectively.

II. Downloading Required Files:

1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)

III. Rooting the Kyocera Hydro:

1. Download the Root Package archive onto the Desktop of your PC.

2. Unzip files from the archive and place them on your Desktop.

3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.

4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.

5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.

6. Select options #3 in the tool.

7. You should now see a prompt on your device’s screen. Ignore it and tap Restore my data.

8. Follow the on-screen instructions.

9. You should be rooted now!

Awesome! Your Hydro has been successfully rooted and you can now run all the root-only apps on your device, be it Titanium Backup or any other app, it’ll just work fine.

Image Credit: Engadget

If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.

If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.

This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.

24 responses to “How to Root the Kyocera Hydro”

1. Don says:

this method does not work i am running a hydro 4.0.4 and i resets but still says i need root access

• Don says:

tell me what i am doing wrong plz

• justeg says:

Am truly sorry if anyone thinks is phone is even remotely good or even
      in there top 10 list… its crap , the worst phone ive ever own.. you
      cant root the phone cause it has a locked mod so there NO WAY that you
      will ever get the greatness out if the Kyocera Hydro if this was even a
      great phone

2. serenity says:

I can’t figure it out lol help plz

3. serenity says:

I can’t figure it out lol help me
    plz :(

• lilking says:

Did u find the answer u were looking for if not all u have to download is Minstrol, poot, then super user. Install in that order once u install poot it will ask to update minstrol just click ok for the update then install super user and u should be good that is what I did & I have had no problem. After all that install Titanium Backup if u want to back up your apps & such. Hope this helps. Also if that is u in the pic very stunning.

4. Gary Reardon says:

I followed all the steps and ran the software and i am not rooted yet. no error messages it does not sho step seven on my phone any ideas. Also could i just go to one of the small phone dealers to have them do this?

• Jerica says:

You cannot go to a phone dealer to have them root your phone, even if you insisted you didn’t mind breaking your warranty. Rooting is certainly not illegal, but you have to do it on your own. Just keep trying! I had to try 3 times on my old smartphone to root it, and persistence worked!

• Mahesh Makvana says:

Jerica’s right.

You just need to follow the steps carefully and you’ll definitely end up with a rooted device. It might take some time for beginners to root their device but once you’re done with that you’ll know how easy it is.

5. justinpc says:

i completed the process in full, but no root. any ideas?

6. john says:

Did the root process and not my phone will not go past the icon screen upon restarting my phone. Plz help. Also tried a factory reset and still not working.

7. You Didit says:

The phone was cheap day after thanksgiving so i bought one. Didn’t really want a carrier nothing against Virgin Mobile I just wanted the features this device offered (good camera for time lapse). Will this root stop the nagging activate sequence when i power on the device. Any idea?