Just purchased a LG Optimus Vu 2 smartphone and are looking for a way to root it? No problem, we’ve got you covered. With our guide below, you should easily be able to root your device and get a chance to expand its true capability by loading some root-only apps. You might say root is for advanced users, but it’s actually not. Even if you’ve never rooted any device before, you’ll find it easy to root your Optimus Vu 2 with the following guide. So, let’s get onto the guide below:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on the Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, you can download them from here.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the second step)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy Term.apk as well as Superuser.apk files you extracted from the Root Package over to your SD card.
5. Once the files have been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Open the File Manager app on your device and install both the APKs you copied earlier.
7. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
8. Connect your device to your PC once again.
9. Now run the ICS_ROOT.exe file you have on your Desktop.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
11. And you should be rooted now!
Brilliant! Your Optimus Vu 2 has been successfully rooted and is injected with Superuser app to help you manage root permissions. You may now install any root-only app on your device, it’ll work fine!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.