If you’ve rooted your LG Spectrum 2 smartphone and wanting to flash a custom recovery, this guide should help you do that. A custom recovery helps to install custom ROMs and Mods, to customize your device the way you want to. Fortunately, the ClockworkMod Recovery’s available for the Spectrum 2 device and installing it won’t take more than a few minutes. So, head onto the guide below to flash CWM Recovery on your device.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG Spectrum 2 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the CWM Recovery.
1. Recovery Installer APK (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Recovery Installer APK file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the file’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Security and enable the Unknown sources option.
6. Open the File Manager app on your device and install the APK you copied earlier to your device.
7. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
8. Hit 2nd-init recovery button in the app and it’ll start flashing the recovery.
9. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
10. You’re all done!
Great! You’ve successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your Spectrum 2 and you can use the same Recovery Installer app to boot into the recovery mode.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Spectrum 2 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.