If you’ve recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro smartphone from AT&T and looking for a way to root it, then here’s a way on how you can do that. Usually, the Samsung smartphones can be flashed through Odin to get CWM Recovery installed and then you can flash the Superuser package to root the device. Once you’re rooted, you’ll have access to a number of root-only apps as well as custom ROMs, read on to learn how to root your Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Your device needs to have at least 80% of battery life left.
3. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
4. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, you can get them from here.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s available in the third post)
2. Root Package (Download link’s given at the bottom of the second post)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Root Package archive over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once the file’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
7. Click on PDA and select the ClockworkMod Recovery file you have placed on your Desktop.
8. Checkmark the box that says F. Reset Time. Leave Repartition and Auto Reboot unchecked.
9. Turn OFF your device
10. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
11. Press the Volume UP button to continue to Download mode.
12. Plug your device in to your PC via USB cable.
13. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the recovery.
14. Once the recovery’s been flashed, you’ll get a message on your screen saying PASS. DO NOT reboot your device, just head onto the next section to learn how to root your device.
1. Pull the battery out of your device.
2. Put it back into the device.
3. Reboot the device into Recovery mode by holding down the Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.
4. You should now be in the Recovery mode.
5. From the Recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
6. Navigate to the SD card of your device and choose the Root Package archive you copied earlier to your device.
7. It’ll flash the package to your device.
8. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
9. And you’re all done!
Excellent! Your Galaxy Rugby Pro has been successfully flashed with a custom recovery and rooted as well. Go ahead and let the flashing begin!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (SGH-I547) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!