If you’re the only user on your Windows 8 PC, you’d like to bypass the login screen and land directly on the Start Screen. This saves you a few clicks that you’d perform on login screen, such as clicking on your username and entering password and hitting enter. Here’s how you can do that:
1. Open the Run box by pressing Windows Logo+R keys together.
2. Type in netplwiz and hit ENTER.
3. Uncheck the box that says Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer and hit Apply.
4. You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged-in with automatically.
5. Hit OK and you’re good to go!
Awesome! You’ve successfully enabled automatic sign-in and from now on, you won’t see the login screen but redirected to the Start Screen instead.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.