Announced a couple of months ago, the Samsung Galaxy Rush runs on the Boost Mobile network and is equipped with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. The device specifications include a 1GHz processor, 768MB RAM and 3.15MP primary camera. For video calling, there’s a camera on the front-side capable of 1.3 Megapixel. While the specs are good, if not great, you can root the device and let its full potential come out. Rooting has so many advantages, like after rooting, you’ll be able to load root-only apps, mods and custom ROMs. This guide shows how you can root your Samsung Galaxy Rush smartphone. Let’s get started:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device has at least 70% of battery life left.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Odin (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. SuperSU (Download link’s given in the middle of the first post)
1. Download and place all the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the SuperSU ZIP archive over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once the file’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
6. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
7. Click on PDA and select the CWM Recovery file you downloaded earlier to your Desktop.
8. Make sure that only Auto Reboot option is checked in the tool.
9. Power off your device.
10. Reboot your device into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
11. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
12. Hit Start and it’ll begin flashing the recovery.
13. Your device should reboot once the recovery’s been flashed.
14. You’re done!
Awesome! The custom recovery’s been successfully flashed on your device. Follow the instructions in the next section to root your device.
1. Turn OFF your device.
2. Reboot your device into Recovery mode. To do that, simply hold down the Volume UP+Power buttons together.
3. From the Recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
4. Select the SuperSU ZIP you copied earlier to your device for flashing.
5. Once the file’s been flashed, reboot your device.
6. You’re all set!
Excellent! Your device has been successfully rooted as well as equipped with a custom recovery. All the doors to root-only apps and custom ROMs are now open for you!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Rush to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.