Got a shiny new Samsung Rugby Smart smartphone and wishing to root it? No problem, here’s how you can do that. You may want to root your device to get root-only apps up and running on it, or maybe you want to flash a custom recovery and want root first. Either way, this guide’s gonna help you root your Samsung Rugby Smart device and here you go:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. Make sure to take a backup of all the important files you’ve stored on your device as this procedure will wipe them off your device.
2. Update ZIP (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive over to your Desktop. Leave the other archive as is.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Update ZIP archive over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once the file’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Once it’s been enabled, connect your device to your PC once again.
8. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
9. Type in following command into the Command Prompt:
adb reboot recovery
10. Your device should reboot into Recovery mode.
11. From there, select apply update from sdcard and choose the Update ZIP file you copied earlier to your device for flashing.
12. Once the file’s been flashed, reboot your device.
13. You’re all set!
Congrats! Your Samsung Rugby Smart I847 has been successfully rooted and the same can be confirmed by installing the Root Checker app!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Samsung Rugby Smart I847 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!