Maybe you’ve had enough good time with root-access and now want to return to stock? Maybe you’re selling your device and want to reinstate its warranty? Either way, this guide should help you unroot your device. Once unrooted, you’ll be back on the stock firmware with valid warranty, isn’t it great? Let us show you how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Rush smartphone.
1. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device. Follow this guide to get it installed on your device.
2. Your device should have at least 70% of battery life left to ensure a smoother process.
1. Stock ROM (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the Stock ROM archive onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Stock ROM archive over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot your device into Recovery mode. To do so, hold down the Volume UP+Power buttons together.
7. Once inside Recovery, choose the following options:
Wipe data/Factory Reset
Wipe dalvik cache
8. Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
9. Choose the Stock ROM archive you copied earlier to your device for flashing.
10. It’ll begin flashing the stock firmware on your device.
11. Once it’s been flashed, reboot your device.
12. You’re all done!
Great! Your device’s been unrooted and now runs the official stock firmware.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!