Sending your device to service center for any warranty purpose? Make sure to unroot your device first as doing so will reinstate your warranty and you will have no problems at the center. Unrooting should also restore your device to stock firmware, so all the modifications you’ve done on your device will be lost and you will have a fully stock device. Here’s how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE (SPH-L300) smartrphone.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 70% of battery life left to ensure an uninterrupted process.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Put both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Run Odin by double-clicking on its executable file available on your Desktop.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you just extracted from the archive.
5. Put checkmark in the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. All other options must be unchecked.
6. Power off your device.
7. Reboot it into Download mode by holding down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. Click Start in Odin and it’ll begin flashing the stock firmware.
10. Once the firmware’s been flashed, your device should automatically reboot.
11. You’re done!
Brilliant! You have successfully unrooted your Galaxy Victory smartphone. Now it’s running the official stock firmware with no root-access!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.