The Huawei Ascend Y200 was launched back in 2012 comprising of an IPS LCD screen, something we don’t see in most smartphones out there. With Android 2.3 running on-board, the Ascend Y200 is an ideal choice for entry-level smartphone buyers who are concerned about their budgets. The smartphone’s equipped with a GPU, so all the top games that you’ve been seeing in the Google Play will just run fine on your device without tweaking anything. If you’ve just picked up this device and wondering how you could root it, probably to install root-only apps, then this guide’s going to help you with that. Here’s how you can root your Huawei Ascend Y200 smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. This will also install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
1. Root Package
1. Place all the files you have downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from Root Package as well as ADB/Fastboot archives over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Superuser file over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once the file’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. Once inside Fastboot mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
9. Double-click on the root_v5.2.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
10. Follow the on-screen instructions.
11. You’ll now have CWM Recovery installed on your device.
Great! The CWM Recovery’s been flashed on your device, now let’s see how you can root your device.
1. Pull the battery out of your device.
2. Put it back into the device.
3. Press and hold the Volume UP+Power buttons together and you’ll reboot into Recovery mode.
4. From there, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
5. Select the Superuser file you copied earlier to your device for flashing.
6. It’ll now flash the file on your device, should take a minute or two to finish.
7. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
8. And you’re rooted now!
Excellent! Your device has been successfully rooted and is installed with Superuser app. You can now enjoy any of your favorite root-only apps on your device without any issues!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei Ascend Y200 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.