Got a Huawei Ascend Y210 smartphone and want to root it? Now you can. A root method has surfaced the Internet and it looks like the root-only apps aren’t afar from you. Here’s how you can root your Huawei Ascend Y210 smartphone:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
1. Huawei Firmware (Download link’s available in the first post)
2. Boot Image (Download link’s available in the first post)
3. Root Tool (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the dload folder that you extracted from the Huawei Firmware archive over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Pull the battery out of your device.
8. Wait for about 5 seconds and then put the battery back in.
9. Now press and hold the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together and your device will reboot into Download mode.
10. It’ll then automatically flash the firmware on your device.
11. Once the firmware’s been flashed, reboot your device.
12. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
13. Connect your device to your PC once again.
14. Double-click on the Boot Image Installer file and it’ll flash the file onto your device.
15. Your device should automatically reboot. If it doesn’t, reboot it manually.
16. Now double-click on the Root Tool that you downloaded earlier to your Desktop.
17. Hit Root option in the tool and it’ll root your device.
18. And you’re done!
Excellent! Your Huawei Ascend Y210 has been successfully rooted and you should be able to see the Superuser app installed in your App Drawer. Some users are reporting that rooting has caused issues with the WiFi, a fix for the same is available here. Enjoy!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.