Have you messed-up with your device and it’s not functioning properly? Need to send it to the service center? Make sure you unroot your device first and only then visit the center. Unrooting restores the warranty of your device that you lost after rooting it and this guide should help you getting your device unrooted and back to stock firmware. Here you go:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the files you downloaded onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, press and hold the Shift button and right-click on any blank area and select Open command window here.
6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once inside bootloader mode, issue the following command:
fastboot oem lock
8. Your bootloader will be relocked.
Great! You’re already half-way there to unroot your device.
1. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Double-click on the Stock Firmware executable file and it’ll open.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to unroot your device.
4. And you should be unrooted finally!
Brilliant! Your Rhyme has been successfully unrooted and is now running the official stock HTC firmware.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!