Just picked-up a brand new Motorola Milestone 3 and wondering how you can root it? Wonder no more, as the guide below has got everything you need to root your device. Using the DoomLord’s toolkit, you can easily root your Milestone 3 and then enjoy a plethora of root-only apps available for your device. So let’s get started:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device has at least 50% of battery life left to ensure a smooth process.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from here.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Root Package archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Turn ON the Unknown sources option as well by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
5. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Run the RUNME.bat file available on your Desktop.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
8. And you should be rooted now!
Congrats! Your Motorola Milestone 3 has been rooted and is well equipped with the Superuser app.
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Milestone 3 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!