Alcatel One Touch 993D has been available since August, 2012 and it runs Android 4.0 out-of-the box. The device has stylish look and so are the specs, it’s got a 1GHz processor, 5MP shooter on the back, 3GB of Internal memory expandable upto 32GB with SD card. If you’ve just purchased this smartphone and are interested in rooting it, of course, to get the root-only apps running on it, then follow the procedure below and it should do the needful.
1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by simply heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted earlier from the root package.
6. Select Normal mode in the tool and then hit the Root option.
7. It will start rooting your device.
8. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
9. You’re rooted now!
Cheers! You’ve successfully rooted your One Touch 993D smartphone and now go ahead and load your favorite root-only apps on your device!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!