If you happen to have a Vizio VTAB1008 tablet, then you would be glad to know that you can now root your device. Yes, that means plenty of root-only apps available out there can now be installed on your device and you can even modify system settings. Here’s how you can root your Vizio VTAB1008:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must have a Windows 7 (64-bit) PC to do this procedure.
3. You should have PDANet drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get them from here.
1. Root Package (It’s attached in the second post)
1. Place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on runme.bat file available on your Desktop and it’ll start rooting your device.
6. Your device will reboot once it’s rooted.
7. And you’re done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully rooted your Vizio VTAB1008 using the one-click method. Now go and enjoy root-only apps on your device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Vizio VTAB1008 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!