The ZTE Avid 4G smartphone runs on the MetroPCS network and comes with Android 4.0 ICS out-of-the box. If you’ve been using the device for quite some time, you may have got bored with it. Well, a root method has just surfaced the Internet to let you install a plethora of root-only apps available for your device to kill your boredom. But before you do that, you’ll want to root your device and the guide below shows exactly how you can do that:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure should work on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. You should now be in FTM Mode.
6. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Now double-click on the file named root.bat available on your Desktop.
8. Somewhere in the process of rooting, it’ll reboot your device. When your device boots, simply hold down the Volume DOWN button so you boot directly into the FTM mode instead of normal mode.
9. The tool will continue the root process.
10. Once it’s done, reboot your device in normal mode.
11. And you’re all done!
Excellent! Your Avid 4G has been successfully rooted and you can now load it with your favorite root-only apps!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the ZTE Avid 4G to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: CNET
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.