Who doesn’t like getting a bit more out of your Android device? There’re various ways you can do so, you can root your device and then overclock it, resulting in better performance than ever and more options to do things on your device. If you have the HTC One smartphone and would like to overclock it, here’s how you can do that:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the HTC One procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the second option that says Recovery and your device will immediately reboot into the Recovery mode.
4. Once inside Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. Create a backup of your entire filesystem and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
1. Overclock Kernel (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the Overclock Kernel zip onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Overclock Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
7. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It’ll begin flashing the kernel on your device, should take a couple of minutes to finish.
10. Once the flashing’s done, reboot your device.
11. You’re done!
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Now increase the CPU clock speed using the options available in the app. Keep on doing so as long as you’re device is comfortable with it.
4. Make sure not to choose the save on boot option in the app, it may crash your device.
5. Once you find your device to be comfortable at a specific speed, close the app.
6. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You have successfully overclocked your HTC One smartphone and you’re all ready to experience a much faster performance of your device!
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option and you should reboot into the Recovery mode.
3. Once there, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Select the most recent backup you have there to be restored on your device.
5. It’ll begin restoring the backup on your device.
6. Once the restoration’s done, reboot your device.
7. You’re done!
Great! You are just back to the stock kernel with no overclocking modifications at all!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.