The Parrot ASTEROID Smart is not a phone; instead, it is primarily a in-car navigational and entertainment unit that runs Android 2.3.6 OS. While it’s unlikely you’ll ever find custom ROMs, rooting it will definitely expand its limited horizons and help you gain more from this device. Read on then to know how to root the Parrot ASTEROID Smart.
1. Back up everything you feel is important before you start.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
Framaroot-1.5.3.apk [File attached to this post]
1. Download the Framaroot-1.5.3.apk file directly to the device using WiFi or a 3G/4G dongle. If you aren’t near a hotspot or don’t own a dongle, you could hotspot your smartphone’s internet connection and then download the file directly to the device.
2. Use a file manager app (Astro or ES File Explorer, for example), navigate to the location of Framaroot-1.5.3.apk, and install the application. Make sure you have enabled installation of apps from unknown sources by going to Settings > Applications and ticking the Unknown sources checkbox.
3. Go to your app drawer and open up the Framaroot app.
4. Click on Gimli and wait for the success popup.
5. Reboot your device.
Once it reboots, your ASTEROID Smart should be rooted!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.