Have a rooted Huawei Ascend G510 smartphone and want to flash a custom recovery on it? Probably to enjoy some custom ROMs love on your device? You’re at the right place. In the post below, we’re gonna show you how you can flash TWRP Recovery on your Ascend G510 and then get started with flashing ROMs and mods. Here’s how:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Huawei Ascend G510 procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of your device. Head here to learn how you can unlock your bootloader.
1. TWRP Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the TWRP Recovery archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Your device will be stuck at the Huawei Logo, that means you’re in Fastboot mode.
6. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
7. Double-click on the file named Install-Windows.bat available on your Desktop.
8. It’ll begin flashing the recovery on your device, should take a couple of minuets to finish.
9. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
10. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed TWRP Recovery on your Huawei Ascend G510 smartphone. Enjoy the development love!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei Ascend G510 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!