Maybe you’ve just rooted your Samsung Galaxy S4 from Verizon? Maybe you want to get the most out of your device by flashing some custom ROMs and mods? Either way, this guide should help. Rooting the Galaxy S4 on Verizon was a breeze and so is flashing a custom recovery. Having a custom recovery on your device is beneficial for you in all the terms, be it trying new ROMs or mods, you’ll be able to do just everything on your device. So here’s how you can go about flashing a custom recovery on your Verizon Galaxy S4:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the ROM Manager app on your device
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. The first option there in the app should say Flash ClockworkMod Recovery. Tap it.
4. It’ll ask you to select your device model from the list, just tap on your device’s name.
5. It’ll begin flashing the recovery on your device, will take some good time to finish.
6. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
7. You’re all set!
Brilliant! Your device’s been successfully equipped with a custom recovery, enjoy the custom development goodness!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.