If you’re an app hungry person and like to try-out new apps as soon as they come out, then you should definitely root your device. Rooting your device will let you enjoy more apps on your device, these apps work on only rooted phones and provide users with extra privileges. The device in talk, MyPhone A878 Duo, is root-able and it just takes a couple of minutes to gain root-access on the device. Here’s how you can do that:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, download the latest drivers from here.
1. SP Flash Tool (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Scatter file (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-1)
3. CWM Recovery (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-2)
4. Superuser (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place all four files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from SP Flash Tool over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the SP Flash Tool executable file and it’ll open.
4. Click on Scatter-loading button in the tool and select the Scatter file you downloaded earlier.
5. Now from the list of options you see on your screen, checkmark the option labeled as RECOVERY.
6. Double-click on it and choose the CWM Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Pull the battery out of your device and put it back in after a few seconds.
9. Hit Download button in the SP Flash Tool and you’ll get a warning message, don’t worry just continue to the next step.
10. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. The Flash tool will start flashing the recovery on your device, should take a few minutes only.
12. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
13. You’re all done!
Great! You’ve successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your device. Let’s root that thing now!
1. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the Superuser archive over to the root of your SD card.
3. Once the archive’s been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Turn it back on by holding down Volume UP+Power buttons tother.
6. You should be in CWM Recovery mode now.
7. Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Superuser zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It’ll start flashing the zip on your device and you should be done within a minute.
10. Your device is now rooted!
11. You’re all done!
Excellent! Your device’s been successfully rooted and equipped with a custom recovery to help you flash various ROMs ands Mods on your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the MyPhone A878 Duo to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.