Maybe you don’t like the bloatware that T-Mobile has loaded on your LG G2? Maybe you want to root your device to get some cool new apps running on it? Either way, this guide should help. The LG G2 is root-able on almost all the carriers that offer this new device and if you’ve purchased it on T-Mobile, the guide below is all you need to gain root-access on your device. Here you go:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, get the latest drivers from here.
3. This procedure should work on Windows based PCs only.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once it’s been enabled, plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on root.bat file available on your Desktop and follow the on-screen instructions to root your device.
6. You should be rooted once you’ve followed all the instructions in the root tool.
7. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully rooted your LG G2 on T-Mobile and get ready to enjoy all those lucrative root-only apps right on your device!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG G2 (T-Mobile) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.